2. had a great time with my 17 year old nephew at the Main Event, winning tickets at silly arcade games
3. saw a huge giant swallowtail butterfly fluttering around our postage stamp backyard
4. went to Car Toys. They quoted me a small fortune to put in a new CD player plus speakers, and yet the
salesman was so matter-of-fact and straight up, I didn't mind at all. I went instead with a simple install of a nice Alpine tuner, which gives me improved sound and the all-important mp3 jack. Now I can listen to my music from my active mp3 player in the car, and not just when I rent a car out of town somewhere.
5. My wife and I went to Verizon to see about our phone plan. Because I travel much more moderately nowadays, we were able to reap a huge savings by changing plans. Verizon is very easy to deal with, and our salesman was super high quality. Two great purchase experiences in one day is a wonderful thing. Both arose from companies which stress salesmanship. I am beginning to remember that it's not always the lowest price that matters, but the best delivery at a reasonable price.
6. Because I have had my last phone for a few years, I was eligible to get a phone that will be much more use when I am traveling. I'll miss my old phone, but I am excited by having a full-featured phone at very little cost.
7. We ate grilled fish at Fishmongers Restaurant, along with a Mexican shrimp cocktail. Our waitress was very nice, and wore a carved turtle a friend got for her on the island of Anguilla. I love to hear little stories about little objets d'art.
8. I wrote a record review today. I cannot remember why I stopped writing them, because I always enjoy listening and writing them so much.
9. Tomorrow I must recharge more. I am still a bit beaten, but at least I am not bruised.
10. Current reading list: a mystery, "The Rest is Noise", and a survey of the pre-Raphaelites.