2. Listen to the cry of "kill deer, kill deer", as birds greet your coming, and then watch them leave as quickly as possible
3. Lift the baseball cap off your head, and admire the way that perspiration has enlivened your hair.
4. Look off into the distance, where the sky has both brilliant blue and storm purple, and wonder whether to the east they live in a rainy paradise or a sunny hell.
5. Notice how the woman at the nursery politely bites her tongue when you utter an inanity about stonecrop sedum.
6. Marvel at how the Twilight Zone reruns still enwrap you in awe.
7. Long for fireworks you were too unwilling to brave crowds to see up close.
8. Miss a departed relative.
9. Enjoy the smile your dog gives you because your spouse gave her a bath.
10. During a chess game in which each side has only three minutes to make all of his or her moves, win your opponent's queen, and then make the move which inevitably loses your queen and the game three moves later.