letters I want to write to the rest of the people on my list, or the numerous work projects that await me. I have a mail poetry documentation to prepare, and kindnesses to share.
I know it's fashionable, when changing one's mind, to offer excuses like "I can't" or criticisms of nanowrimo. I offer neither. Nanowrimo is a great project--love it. I am fully capable of writing another novel.
I choose not to write a novel, because I choose to do something different. I choose to walk at the bird sanctuary, and to stare at the full moon. I choose to see the planet Mars, and find it red. I choose to write dozens upon dozens of poems, and not care if they are good or bad. I choose to call my parents and siblings, and not run the word counter functions on my computer so often.
I choose to post in this journal, although I've frankly felt less than fully pleased with my recent writings. I think this is a normal and healthy part of a public diary, though. I want to be loved, I find, and that need intrigues me and on some level delights me.
I choose to pray, and to daydream, and to feel not a twinge of guilt when I fail to go for two in a row.
I choose to cheerlead enthusiastically for those who are writing novels among my friends. I choose to drop the nanowrimo community, not because I do not laud the efforts, but because life is too short for polls. I will perhaps retain the nanowrimo mailing list, but that's because I like the kids.
I find myself realizing that I am many things, but that poetry is what I write, for good or ill.
Oh, and a LiveJournal. I write that, too.
Well, nearly the weekend, much yet to do:
1. get a room reserved and arrange for advertising for my chess tournament
Status: visiting Plano Centre tomorrow at 8 a.m., ready to reserve room
2. load the software for my digicam on my computer
Status: not begun
3. clean up my art room
Status: barely begun, a few desultory efforts
4. post my CD for sale on eBay
5. relist my chess poem book on eBay.
6. write 2 amazon.com reviews of books i've read
7. read the third book, a good one long half-finished I wish to review and review it
Status: not begun
8. submit poems seeking potential publication to 3 magazines or ezines
Statustrying to find "Poet's Market"
9. contact the woman about the fund-raising thing
Status: not done
10. send off an ad to Aquarium Fish Magazine promoting the Feeder Guppy Rescue League, to make satire into true reality.
11. take four walks
Status: two walks taken
12. schedule doctor's appointment
Status: not started
13. get hood for fish tank
Status: put in eBay bid on local tank with hood AND stand.
14. finish 2 nervousness exchanges
Status: one is nearly done, but no progress this week yet, one is not started.