Yesterday the rain came. It finally broke the heat. We have had 34 days over one hundred degrees Fahrentheit this Summer. Our annual average is 20 days over 100. The change is cylical, so that the last two such Summers were 1980 and 2011. We moved back here in 1990, which was also a scorcher. But 1990 at least was followed by a very cool Autumn. Sparrow thrives in his Saturday at 1 p.m. training at the Zoom Room. He has gotten proficient at a number of tasks. But he is not yet ready to graduate Obedience 2 and attend either Obedience 3 or Agility 1. We like the other dogs who participate, including the Chihuahua Christopher, the Australian shepherds Hondo and Pecos, and a charming large dog named Kimber. Recently we saw the movie Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris. I loved reading Paul Gallico's Mrs. 'Arris books when I was a boy. They were like the perfect read from the public library. The movie proved to be a very good watch. Recently, we also saw "I, Tonya," which was well-made if not quite as much my favorite kind of movie. July work proved very busy. I am thankful for Zoom calls. Last Sunday I took Sparrow for a walk on the Bluebonnet Trail. He met a dog named Evie who, like Sparrow, loves to play. I was glad he got a bit of play in. This Summer I see lots of dragonflies. Friday at Oak Point Park I saw a checkered setwing. I had to look it up to remember its name. I did not see Painted Buntings yet at that part this Summer. But at Bethany Lakes Park, I saw early migrant Pied-Billed Grebe and Spotted Sandpiper. I play a lot of on-line USCF-rated blitz chess tournaments. I love to play, but right now my on-line rating is heading down to lower than I prefer. I've been following the classical Chess Olympiad in Chennai. In addition to the US team and other teams which interest me, I've been following the results of the Bailiwick of Jersey, which is fielding its first women's team in history. The team drew its third round match, after losing the first two rounds. But its team first board, Tallulah Roberts, a chess streamer, remains winless after three rounds. I root for her, because she only learned the game properly in late 2020 and now is playing in a Chess Olympiad in India. On television, I watch the Orville on Hulu, Grantchester on PBS, and Emily in Paris on Netflix.