Tuesday night I cooked a turkey sausage in a skillet. The bit of canola oil I used failed to prevent (and arguably caused) a film of char from forming on the skillet. Tuesday morning I took my car to the local Huffines dealership in Plano. I had two things to address: the car's plastic grill had gotten damaged through two taps--one caused by me, one caused in the parking lot by my law partner. I did not consider the grill issue worth repairing, as I saw that grills were an expense. I figured someday I would address it with an after-market solution or perhaps even a 3-D printed solution, But when my car developed another issue-a framing bit hanging and sraping a bit, I decided to get it all done. My wife strongly favored a new grill. The cost of the grill was more than it should have been, but the remainder was essentially no cost. The repairs went fine, with one exception. The new grill was in place in good shape, but the dealership had not put on the front license plate. I went back and forth politely with my service rep, who insisted the front license was not on when the car came in this morning. At length, I persuaded him to look again. He found it in the trash in the service department and apologized. It was on the car in a matter of moments. I was pleased that I held my temper but asserted my position. I thanked him for double-checking. I logged into ebird.com my bird list that I created at A.R. Schell Park on Sunday. One species on that list was the Cattle Egret. This proved to be my 100th species for the year. I am pleased to reach a century this year in June. I worried that I might have issues, as I saw few of the Spring warblers. But I made it. I stayed up too late watching episodes from the old television show "The District." I am delighted that my wife is driving home again. Monday I played in a chess.com US Chess Federation on-line blitz chess tournament. I only scored 3.5 out of 7, though one loss was to someone rated 2000. My on-line blitz chess rating, with this tournament not yet rated, is 1493. I assume it will be closer to 1400. from Dreamwidth, because two posts of the same text are twice as nice