The June heat broke. Days are simply warm now. The US Chess Federation posted a notice that the federation discovered two errors in its on-line ratings system. I had thought this might be the case, because the ratings felt a bit different than my own estimations projected (both as to player strength and as to the change in ratings per game). The announcement said most ratings will go up, while some will go down. I will be interested to see which way my rating goes. If I were guessing at my current rating, I would put it at 1500 rather than its current state a bit above 1350. The webserver postal chess tournament I entered concluded. I finished second out of 4, with 2 wins, 2 draws, and 2 losses. Each of my two wins took place when my opponent made a major blunder. So while I had fun and am not too disappointed in the result, I know that my play was ordinary. I have three busy work days ahead. The cell phones we chose Saturday before last were finally shipped. They sit in Newark now, with an estimated delivery time to us in Texas at 4:30 p.m. tomorrow. Two other pandemic-delayed things are upcoming. Tuesday, the dealership will finally have a slot for my car. My primary care physician's website gave me an opportunity to move my appointment there from early August to mid-July. I am a bit amused because I have never had to wait more than a day or three prior to the pandemic. Lately I like a lower-sugar breakfast cereal called Three Wishes. The house is a good bit less lively with Beatrice gone. from Dreamwidth, because two posts of the same text are twice as nice