time with friends

Saturday night we went for dinner with our friends Scott and Donna at Cafe Istanbul. We enjoyed dining with friends after the long pandemic. We had a good chat about what had happened during the pandemic.

Sunday I went to the Aaron Brothers part of our local Michael's store. I wanted to get a photograph framed for a university graduation gift for a first cousin once removed.  I had played on-line with the look and feel I wanted using a helpful website. A fellow named Griffin helped me design the frame on a cool computer display a bit more sophisticated than the one on-line. We got a good luck for the framing of a photograph. In the late afternoon, a woman named Indigo called. She let me know the frame was done. When I went to pick it up, she told me she particularly enjoyed working on it. She did a very good job, and I told her so. I must write Griffin and Indigo's manager to compliment them.

As I waited for my frame, I walked on the Watters Creek Trail. There I saw my first Olive-sided Flycatcher of the year.  This bird migrates through but does not stay,\ so I am always glad to see one. Later I walked in the Connemara Meadow Preserve. There I saw my first Little Blue Heron of the year.  Saturday  I walked in little Green Park, in Allen. I saw my first two Mississippi Kites of the year.

Rains fell many times over the past several days.  It's a light rain most days, a bit like a Summer-day-in-Scotland-rain.

 My on-line USCF blitz chess rating is in 1336. My chess.com blitz chess rating is 1435. My Chess.com bullet rating is 1435  My chess.com rapid rating is 1653.

Sunday on my walk on the Watters Branch Trail I saw two foraging young armadillos.






from Dreamwidth, because two posts of the same text are twice as nice