Active Week

Last week I:

--saw Painted Buntings in Oak Point Park;
--changed flat acquired in Sachse due to a pothole in 35 minutes, using my Hyundai Kona's jack;
--got my oil changed at a Kwik Kar that was not kwik to tell me my car was ready;
--enjoyed reading and finished Alison Moore's children's book Sunny and the Wicked Lady--a friendly-ghost story;
--celebrated my 31st wedding anniversary with my wife;
--dined at Bonefish Grill--our second indoor restaurant meal since the pandemic began;
--wished my wife a happy birthday;
--played in a chess tournament on Saturday on-line, scoring an underwhelming 1.5/5.  I would point out the game I was winning and managed to blunder, but then I would have to admit that the draw came when my opponent blundered and gave me a perpetual check;
--got my latest on-line  chess rating of 1348. The win over the A player who did not show for a game was not rated but treated as a forfeit;
--saw a Common Nighthawk in Allen Station Park;
--went to an in-person WW meeting for the fist time since March 2020;
--got my new tire due to an add-on warranty--the pandemic causes me to get things like warranties that I never ordinarily get;
--watched our American Robins. The four blue eggs hatched and turned into four eager and hungry babies. The last one left the nest on Saturday, and now our backyard has adult robins holding worms out for fledglings hidden in the Winter-killed  backyard bush;
--read about a Sea Eagle inflatable kayak;
--began reading "beforelife" by Randal Graham, a lovable afterlife tale told in a narrative style that is 3 parts P.G. Wodehouse, 3 parts Douglas Adams, and one part, a little less obvious, John Mortimer; and
--went to church in person on Sunday. I liked the way the pews socially distanced us all.




from Dreamwidth, because two posts of the same text are twice as nice