2. Murphy city parks visited today: Travis Farm Park (noon) and Timber Nature Preserve (after work).
3. Evening purchase: bananas and herb-flavored crackers.
4. March 2017 local county bird species count: 48
5. Bluebook estimated value of my automobile: 25% of what I paid for it 5 years ago.
6. Miles on my car: 103,000+
7. Weather today: warm and nearly perfect
8. Meals: toasted oats and skim milk, turkey sandwich and baked potato chips, cube steak, pork loin and a sweet potato.
9. wildflowers: beginning to appear
10. Interesting things read about today: the linux distro Sidduction; the UK patent from the 1940s for the game now called Clue in the US. Bonus thing learned: it's called Cluedo in the UK.
11. things I like: bicycle paths on which no car traffic is allowed, parks with easy walks through wooded and open territories, and simple foods.
12. things I dislike: the new proposed plan to "replace" the Affordable Care Act instead of repairing it; casual violence in dark comedies; and digital rights management as to music, film and ebooks.