Robert (gurdonark) wrote,

goal and closed and drumming metal

I posted my ccMixter mix today. It turned out fine, though it is neither outstanding nor awful. It was mostly fun to make and has no beat and you can't dance to it.

I got up and took Beatrice for a walk at 7 a.m. I fell asleep again in the late morning, causing me to miss church. I woke up from a dream in which I was riding in an airliner. The cabin turned mostly upside down, a flight attendant announced we were going to land in a junk yard outside Dallas, and then I woke up. I was pleased that it was only a dream.

I went at two p.m. to Weight Watchers. I weighed in at below my goal weight. This means I have lost 83 pounds since the first day I attended Weight Watchers. This is the third time I have hit goal weight. I went for two years to achieve the latest thirty-eight pound loss.

The goal weight day also was the day they closed our Sunday at 2:00 p.m. meeting for at least the Summer. I will have to either try a different location in McKinney for an afternoon meeting, or go to the 9:30 a.m. session. The same leader leads both sessions, so it's just a matter of how I wish to schedule.

I did a little internet research and learned that Weight Watchers is hemmoraghing members. The on-line tools are giving it competition, though it, too, has a good app. I will miss our leader, who was a nice person. I hope she comes back someday and they reinstate Sunday afternoons in Plano.

I grabbed a slice of pizza at Market Street, along with a half pint of fruit and a banana. Then my wife and I went to Men's Warehouse. My suits are too large right now, a bit like David Byrne's suit in the movie "Stop Making Sense". An expert helper in a somewhat flamboyant suit fitted me out in good order.

I watched the movie "The Hunger Games" tonight for the first time. I liked it.

When I was watching television, I heard loud, rhythmic sound. It persisted for a few minutes. I wondered about it, and then I heard Beatrice give out a little sigh. I ran outdoors to make sure she was okay.

She was okay. She had trapped a little rodent in the rain gutter, and the beating was the sound of her feet and the rodent's feet on the metal. After a bit of coaxing, I got her indoors, allowing the rodent to make a getaway. This happened before, years ago, but our more elderly dog is less critter-obsessed these days. But she still has, apparently, a bit of hunt left in her.

I worked on a client matter tonight as well. I wish I had gotten a bit more personal paperwork done this weekend, but I will remedy that this week.

  • Play fast

    I played too many bullet chess games last night. I walked in Schell Park in Plano after work. Rain fell last night. I overslept today, which rarely…

  • No Warbler, No Cry

    I am on my annual Fall Migration walking pattern--many walks, few warblers. Saturday night we got together with our friends Greg and Melissa, who…

  • New Hotel, Same Jazz

    Saturday I attended a new WW meeting in McKinney in a Sheraton. I had not been to that Sheraton. Its location in a somewhat freeway-adjacent spot…

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded