2. walked Beatrice around the pond, where we saw a mockingbird in a Bradford Pear Tree.
3. ate turkey BBQ at Dickey's BBQ, with a mix of hot and sweet sauce.
4. got a haircut at Classic Cuts
5. listened to netlabel music on a last.fm "your mix" radio shuffle.
6. walked at Oak Point Park in Plano in a much warmer afternoon--saw mallard ducks, a great blue heron and American coots.
7. took an old, unused desktop (an HP Pavilion), and installed Linux on it.This involved some trial and error, to pick the right Linux distribution. Mageia said it was missing some .net thing it needed. Fedora LXDE said it needed more RAM, though the computer's specs should have run it. PC Linux OS froze. But lightweight Ubuntu derivative Peppermint Linux 4 loaded in no time. All I need is a USB wi-fi adapter, and this computer can be sold on eBay.
8. determined an even older computer would not turn on and could not be given Linux resurrection.
9. went with my wife to dinner at Wasabi in McKinney for a great meal of sushi.
10. Watched "too cute" on Animal Planet with my wife. h